Monday, 6 December 2010

Christmas is coming! By Elizabeth Chan

            Christmas is coming!
            Everybody is preparing that thing! Do you know what “that thing” means? “That thing” means the SHOE-BOX. This is not a simple shoe-box. In the shoe-box, we can put the gift in it. And the gift will send to children in mainland China and other Asian countries ravaged by natural disasters or war. These shoe-boxes have been delivered by OCC (Operation Christmas Child). It brings joy and hope to underprivileged children around the world through a gift-filled shoe-box and a booklet telling the Good News of God’s love for mankind.
            I think this is a very good charity because some of the children around the world did not have any special things at Christmas. Every time I think of them, I will feel sad and I didn’t know how to help them. But now there is OCC and I can give the shoe-box to them. I hope these shoe-boxes can make them feel love and find hope in life again.
            Other than preparing the shoe-box, everyone is also preparing about the Christmas celebration such as what to eat, what to play and how to celebrate.
            Mr. Cheng has decided to play a Christmas song every day in the reading period.
            I want to ask that can we watch a Christmas movie next week in the English lesson (because I think that after the English UT, we will have much time).

Finally, I think that this Christmas is the most special!!!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Elizabeth, any suggestions for the Christmas movie?

    ReplyDelete