Today was the last day before our school’s sports day. Most of the 3A students are looking forward about it. In the morning, my group performed a short drama to introduce some new idioms to other classmates such as “hit the roof”, “a home from home” in the English lesson. In fact, Mr. Cheng has explained to us that learning idioms is a big part of speaking fluent English. Although we usually won’t use them in our writings, it is a part of English culture. If we could recognize more idioms, we would learn more about the country and could better get into their lives. I thought that the idioms are very meaningful and useful for me. It is because sometimes I can use them to imply some messages that I don’t want to say in a too straight way.
Tomorrow will be the sports day. I believe that it is a big event in many students’ heart as it’s a time for us to get some movements and learn new knowledge form the competitions. Even I am not good at sports, I will still support other athletes in our class especially in the inter-class relay competition. Whatever the result will be, it is a moment for all 3A students included me to show our sportsmanship and intelligence to the whole school. And after two days, we are going to have one holiday!!! I think many of us have thought of it for a long time…
Anyway, “luck will only give to someone who is ready”. 3A, let’s get ready for tomorrow’s challenges. Good luck to all of you J
(Sorry for having no photos in this blog, but I promise that I will take down some valuable moments during the sports day and share them with all of you!)
No comments:
Post a Comment